Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Friday, May 15, 2009

The Penny Loafer

I once was a penny loafer discarded in a city dump
left soulless and without a shine
tossed away by a friend of mine.

I once was a soldier with some pennies in my hand
twenty three to be exact
and that's pretty much an actual fact.

I once was a traveler who looked into the face
of personalities and a great storybook
and gave equal to what I took.

I once was an victim of a roaring on the sea
but scrambled to the shore
momentarily then went back for more.

I once had a teacher tell me all he knew
of philosophies and demons in the head
but he became ill and soon was dead

I then was an artist who painted with his eye
and wanted to create a magnificent poster
found a city dump with a penny loafer

Which would represent all the journeys of mankind
I thought it an anthropological find
since it had no soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself