Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Sunday, May 24, 2009

dreams

i saw donald duck on a saturday afternoon
as my neighborhood friends came over
to my birthday party with cake and a blue balloon
in a high chair strapped with a ribbon about my waist
i saw my mother run to catch a cab
& forget to love me in her haste
but no worries here before our song
that we've practiced between playing games
so absolutely positively nothing can go wrong:
Happy Birthday bouncing from the concrete wall
hit Jerry square in his flat forehead
and was the singular cause of his downfall
into Vickie who dropped her party dish
and laughing ran into the backyard storyboard
to steal my birthday wish
but i was faster than she by far
slipped out of my big shot party chair
grabbed that wish by hand and jumped into my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself