Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Sunday, May 10, 2009

cards, anyone?

in the time of yesterday
when i didn't know what to say
i saw my knocking hand on the door
my crumbs on a living room floor
i crawled into the Trojan horse
paid NASA for an interstellar course
and showed my ass to Kathy Lee
with pants dangling around my knee.

then sometime after the war
when i didn't fit in no more
spreading leaflets i went away
a beard i saw who had bent to pray
started walking in my crowd
but quit when someone talked too loud
He sat down on the nearest curb
and started smoking a fragrant herb.

i figured if even Jesus Christ
couldn't hope to catch a break
i'd farm on a communal land
in the country by Moose lake

there you seemed so unselfish
when i opened up to you
and your female sensibilities
were helping me get through

but i hated when you made me drink
got me drunk so i couldn't think
then took advantage of my bust
and ravished me with all your lust.

think it's funny how you took a bite?
used me for your toy that night
and when i asked what are you doing
you smiled and kept up with the screwing.

so years have passed and i've been around
to hide where i can't easily be found
i hope you're happy with that piece of me
and remember how much fun it seemed to be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself