Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Saturday, March 30, 2024

looking out the window

young and alive

nearing 25

with a clear head
remembering what was said
all night

it was all right

the jeune fille
slept well
& i heard tell

two bottles of fine wine were sipped
tongued and lipped

slowly swallowed

then next morning she followed
me home

where my large canvas currently sits

her black sweater and black fingertips
constantly brushing my face
with the taste
of promise

i began to paint her sigh

artfully she questioned me why

her breath escaping her lips

subtly squeezing her hips

it made no sense

so i said i'd draw her tomorrow
dressing her in sorrow
with a favorite pencil
and a bit of broken chalk

but she wanted to talk
like a Javanese toy
acting coy

so i took her in my studio
while she kept looking out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself