Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Sunday, August 11, 2013

an exhausting night

when you lost your temper
i went running out the evening door
i'm gonna tell you all i did
and not a single word more
i admit i had an exhausting night
it's not always easy knowing what's wrong and what's right
out of time i began following my parading line
but found no angel to share a drink
so what was i to think
i had fallen on my back and still was warm
she wore no wings and her dress was torn
she was nothing if not a big surprise
i had taken her bullet between the eyes
and heard a dog howling death
i was taking my last breath
when i thought of you
what else could i do?
she held my head in her mouth
talking in an accent from the American south
but i didn't force her to say it!
and i wasn't going to play it!
it wasn't quite seven and i was already in Heaven
where the glass was broken and the bar was empty
she took my name and tossed me her key
there's hell to pay if i can't always get my way
can it ever be that one and one equals three?
but there are no more songs to be sung
your name is on the tip of my tongue








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself