Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Sunday, October 24, 2010

What offends you?

I am not offended by cartoons.

I am not bothered by mushroom clouds
drawn to replace turbans
atop the head of bearded strangers.

BUT:

I am offended by the beheading of civilians.

I am offended by bombing attacks
against public buildings.

I am offended by suicide murderers.

I am offended by the slaughter of children.

I am offended by the killings of Catholic priests,
the burning of Christian churches,
the imposition of sharia law on non-Muslims,
the murder of film directors in Holland,
the rioting and looting in Paris,
the stoning of innocent women,
the calls for jihad from the mouth of the unknowing,
ignorance, ungratefulness, and misogyny.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself