Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Friday, October 22, 2010

a ride

now leave me alone
i'll dig up my bone
don't even pretend
you're still my friend
don't telephone
don't tell anyone
we drove from home
a mere week ago
i missed you so
gave you a lift
and what a gift
you gave me a ride
invited me inside
of course i wanted more
so i opened the door
and climbed all those stairs
to be with a friend who cares
and what a view
when i finally had you
wearing those high heeled shoes
it's hard for me to choose
5 foot seven and hips of heaven
or bourbon whiskey and the open sea
leave me alone
i'll play with my bone
don't even pretend
you're still my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself