Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Monday, September 27, 2010

don't want to read

i found you crying in my backyard
stood you up and rolled you hard
i dealt you like an unmarked card

winning at every game i played
never wishing that you had stayed
i found it easy to get laid

you found it lonesome in the night
saying nothing ever felt quite right
well, what ever happened to your appetite?

if you found me crying in the street
would you help me get back on my feet?
would i remind you of an incomplete?

and when winds blow silent on the shore
and you don't trust me anymore
i'll be slipping out the door

i won't stick around
won't get hammered into the ground
won't listen, won't hear a sound

i don't want to have the fire inside my head
don't want to read what can't be said
don't want you sleeping on my bed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself