Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Saturday, February 13, 2021

pink Cadillac

and when I saw you with an olive on

your tongue

you seemed much older

and I was very young

counting rainbows in the dark

watching thunderstorms in the park

playing samba with the band

singing "I am what I am"

while it's raining on the stage where you sang

no one's left of the bar room gang

we've finished all our drinks

now, no one cares what anyone thinks

so have another one on me

going slowly down on one knee

with no easy way out

no one hears when you shout

no easy open back door

treat yourself kindly

getting up off the floor

getting satisfaction

anyway you like it

sitting in the front row or the back

hiding in a fashion house or a gunny sack

riding in a pink Cadillac

with an olive from the shelf

learning more about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself