Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Monday, July 20, 2020

off we flew

winter
and
the snow was deep
i saw my tracks
going nowhere
they'd disappear
into thin air
with a goodbye hand
and a fading smile
i stopped to rest
for a little while
watching memories,
more falling snow
there were questions enough
but what did i know?
it seemed so cold
i saw my breath
i heard my laugh
and saw my death
a woman neared
she called my name
but if i froze
who could i blame?
she warmed my heart;
i felt my blood;
it filled my senses
like a rushing flood,
and in her eyes
i saw my fire;
we sang together
in a lover's choir,
and the sun was warm;
the sky postcard blue
we took a leap
and off we flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself