Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Sunday, October 7, 2012

For me

we never seem to touch
and i wanted it so much
this dream i have waited for so long
just a sudden flash,
and you became a song
i see another man by your side
going in and out on the tide
swimming in an ocean of you and he
from sea to shining sea
the sand always getting between my toes
do you know where it ultimately goes
when i'm dry and everyone else is all wet
if you're wrong, what do i get?
hasn't this all been done before and much more
diving in the deep, mysteries on the shore
making my bed,
wondering what it was i might have said
if each word came out a different way
would you know exactly what i meant to say
and everything i tried to seem
it came to me in a night time dream
like you and he
and there's no room inside for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself