Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Friday, February 6, 2009

Rome is burning

Rome is burning
I’m in a Serengeti jeep
Riding to a distant plain
I’m getting in too deep

Underneath the Milky Way
Where I found your face on fire
Thunder hit the open road
You took me even higher

Underneath an apple tree
Where you squeezed me to the core
New blood pounding in my head
I need to ask for more

Underneath a windblown sail
With salt spray on my face
A wave exploded in the night
Then gone without a trace

My daughter is the music
A drummer’s in her band
Lead singer at the microphone
It’s getting out of hand

And through it all you lifted me
Above the crowds we flew
Past shepherds resting in the dark
And everything we knew

Main throttle's fully open
Tearing winds are at my face
My driver's lost without control
I can’t maintain this pace

Rome is burning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself