Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Friday, February 13, 2009

Pool time, Syd of P Floyd

I’m in the bottom of the hole with a silent broom in hand
And I should be at the center piece in my crazy rocking band

I’m wearing a full length jacket hard and heavy to my grave
And I should be playing music but I simply can’t behave

I see that folding metal ladder from the deep end of this pool
Where you tried to signal to me to be less a silly fool

I heard the cymbals crashing coolly on the nearest foreign shore
And wasn’t certain they would tell me what I was reaching for

I’m the shining edge of diamond in a fastly fading night
But I should be underneath the rays of a swiftly rising light

I’m trusting in no other one since there’s no one else around
And I’m talking to no other one since my head can not be found

I’m noticing seats sit empty and the tickets wet and pale
Not knowing that you abandoned me on this bed in someone’s jail

I’m hearing the singers singing who keep time without a beat
Not thinking you turned out the light and threw me into the street

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself