Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's not about you

If you happen to hear this
and think it's about you
that it sounds like a love song
which is simply not true
don't suppose for a minute
that you're still on my mind
that's over forever
you're my past and behind

But if you happen to listen
at a party some night
as a friend of yours' mentions
you're not acting quite right
If the hand that you're holding
isn't mine as you squeeze
don't think for a moment
I'm missing you, please
It's not what it seems like
not even at all
I'm totally happy
we've had our great fall
I'm not missing your laughter
your hair or your smell
the way that you'd kiss me
with lips to foretell
I'm not missing the friendship
you've left me in Peace
i won't even notice
this hurt that won't cease

If you happen to hear this
and think it's about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself