Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Friday, November 10, 2023

overlooking the park

there's a simple fact
you'll need to know

i once played guitar
with my little left toe

i thought i was perfect
i thought i could strum

i thought i was singing
but barely could hum

like a fashion designer
perfecting my art

there's nothing authentic
if not from the heart

i shifted my body
adjusted my mind

looking for answers
i couldn't quite find

a new age kept coming
and tastes rearranged

i sat on my sofa
and nothing was changed

the curtains were hung
the music was played

the times were a'changing
but i simply stayed

in my flat with a window
overlooking the park

looking for flowers
while everything's dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself