Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

I could love you even more

from the armchair to the sofa to the floor,

the bed to the balcony,

the kitchen and the shower

where we lathered gleefully for an hour,

with oil rubs and soft voices,

we gave ourselves multiple choices,

always reaching for the adventurous dream

behind the discreetly simple privacy screen.

in another room you appeared to me as a secret

in a bright orange wrap, no less,

while holding a volume of true desire.

I felt your fire!

I almost came last,

but you loved me

as though I were the summer breeze

and you the shore.

I took you again by the hallway door,

telling you I could love you even more.

it was true!

you stood naked and I was disrobed,

when a song like a disco theme

or was it a beautiful philodendron?

moved our feet together,

in spite of the humid weather.

and I knew the name of the band

when I kissed your hand.

you listened like a mountain in the morning

while I climbed to the summit

and kissed those lips which I so adore,

telling you I could love you even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself