Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Friday, April 24, 2020

together on the bed

trying to catch my breath
running in straight lines
over hills and under mattresses
looking for signs
which may mean a thing or two
containing significances or only a few
fleeting glimpses of solid ground
but when everything is quiet i can feel you around
growing in intensity
like a Spring Beauty on the south facing hill,
i can't get enough until i get my fill:
there's no hard rain striking my face
no sun too hot or bright to sour my taste
for your deep mouth
baby, there's no such thing as a dead rock
or a heart with an unbreakable lock:
you catch my eye with your exhale
and inhale
like a prisoner i'm in your cell
enslave me and i'll never tell
what happened when we fell
together on the bed
while looking over my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself