Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Sunday, February 23, 2020

if anyone heard its' cries?

the clock hanging on the forest wall
started ticking when i raised my hand;
i didn't try to stop the sound
as i stretched my legs to stand:
i saw a dead raccoon with black eyes
and wondered if anyone heard its' cries?
i heard a white dog bark and call my name
but i felt wild and forgot what it was to be tame
and the sun was fading and i was suddenly in a hurry
to put some distance between myself and worry.
there was a path i assumed the nearby deer made;
it was narrow and seemed to ask me to follow but i stayed,
and the white dog came near me with big brown eyes
and wondered if anyone heard its' cries?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself