Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Sunday, July 9, 2017

at the Flamingo

jazz at the Flamingo
wearing dark glasses
from the deepest south
a harmonica slipping
all the way across my wide mouth
all the way down to the county line
looking for someone who's exclusively mine
winning her confidence
with my nightly dance
nude pictures dangle on the studio wall
in high heels i showed them all
in the Marquee Club
sitting on a simple chair
dressed in jewels and fine mohair
quite the dude but never rude
while live at the Pier Pavilion
the girls were very different
big eyelashes and a passing hopeful hint
a faint smile
in character and hearty morale
starched shirts and thin ties
curious make-up and stranger eyes
they watched me play my 6 string guitar
humming on the front seat of my beautiful car
and in the pub after a quick ride and tune
it was already very nearly noon
but the young ladies didn't give me a choice
they wanted to hear my sweet singing voice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself