Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Friday, October 7, 2016

i had no clue

there was a floor above the basement blues
which could be walked on with a pair of new shoes
and a communication gap in the evening news
which aired our dirty laundry on national tv
where there always remained the possibility
of someone being honest with the latest story;
the drums of August sounded fine
when i swallowed my last drop of red wine
sitting at the white house table to dine
wearing a pair of old sneakers and a fancy French hat;
i heard the quarrel between the cat and the rat
but i kept trying to ignore that;
i hit my head on a stone wall until it bled
waiting to be with you and be fed;
i guess it wasn't only what i said,
it was what i didn't do
when i was without you
and the waiter delivered his tray of Super Glue
which sealed my lips
so my hips 
shook like a down dog
and i sank like a heavy log
so low i fell to the cellar floor
my clean jeans tore
i couldn't see my hands in front of my face
i rested my case
there didn't seem to be a way out of there
i took off my underwear
and played with myself
maybe there was a Dostoevsky book on a nearby shelf
i had no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself