Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

lentil soup

Andy told me what i needed to know
but when i tried to read his map,
i still couldn't go.
alcohol and drugs:
under the bed and under the rugs,
sent over by my own doctor
who left me for dead;
in my body and inside my head,
i opened the front door to
hear what he said.
i had an old mother
who came to my side:
"Remember when you were younger
and took a fine bride?"
but there was a chill in the air
so i ran out the door;
everyone kept crying
we'd soon be at war.
i stopped at the clinic.
God gave me a drink;
he was off to a funeral.
i went there to think:
there were scars on my face
and one near my heart.
i was a spy for the Gestapo,
but needed a new start.
i made lentil soup at four
with vegetable broth and ham
and served it to Rene
who knows just who i am!
a wizard at mathematics,
he tried his hand at dance.
i left him at communion
and took my cross into France
where i made a few sketches,
played some guitar,
and reached up for the moon
which didn't seem too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself