Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Monday, February 11, 2013

Chapter 25

you didn't care what happened to me
when i fell down on the floor
drunken and musical
looking for my piano
i was dressed on the fringes of the world
holding on but with no where to go
simply making notches in my headboard
looking for those thrown overboard
tallying my numerous lovers
i saw everyone naked under empty covers
while you kept making jokes at my expense
from the other side of your busy fence
one story about a cancer ward when i died
finished elegantly and completely by Chapter 25
i was lonely but still alive
and then buried with my pet mouse,
almost falling victim to a suicide
by gassing myself inside your house
you once drank an entire bottle of Anis del Mono
and dropped to the floor whimpering and sad
about all the misfortunes you've ever had
life was so good before it turned bad
dressing for the ball with your jar of paint
unsure if you would become the Devil or a Saint
you left me to join the Trojan war
and i left you to check the water level in my glass
but it was nearly empty and i wanted more.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself