Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Horseshoe Bowl

After driving the Subaru Outback from the east coast
to Breckenridge, CO, I've been staying at a friend's home.

My last two days have been largely skiing days.
The peaks 7 through 10 have been providing plenty of'
challenge, in addition to the brisk winds and cold
temperatures. The snow has been great, though.

I've met interesting characters on the chair lift rides, and picked
up a few fallen skiers, along with their equipment.

The terrain is high, with the tallest peak topping out at
just under 13,000 feet and I've been to the top on a clear
day so am able to state with conviction that the view is
amazing and unforgettable.

The snow in Horseshoe Bowl has been the best I've skied,
so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself