Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Friday, December 17, 2010

the climb down

i climbed down the rock wall and saw the fire
but i couldn't find the ground
in the darkness i looked
i couldn't hear a sound
i made my escape from the mountainside
tumbling to the nearest shore
a wave covered my eyes
so i couldn't be sure
the posse started chasing after me
in random circles we ran
i saw you throw a kiss
so i came back again
a certain ghost with a brave heart stopped me
asked me who i thought i was
the judge threw me his book
'cause that is what he does
and i couldn't escape the rabbit hole
my head was trapped in his space
i had to get a drink
but couldn't find your place
there was only an empty chair for me
and i had no time to stay
and if i saw you there
i don't know what i'd say
maybe i found a really good story
the book reads like a sad tale
searching for happiness
man finds himself in jail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself