Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Monday, April 26, 2010

drops of orange

i wanted to sing a song tonight
visit you on a window sill
while the air grew cold and darkness fell
there were secrets that i hoped to tell
i'll squeeze some drops of orange
into a magic hat
and make believe i'm loving you
but i'm never coming back
i'll never find my way again
to your arms as hard as ice
in games you've played the gambler
with a loaded pair of dice
words i scattered on the floor
when you had me for a meal
fell apart so tenderly
you never asked me how i feel
and when i tried to taste you
for an honest sip of life
you flew just like a butterfly
and stabbed me like a knife
you put me through a ringer
like a dirty pair of jeans
i'm drying tears in loneliness
but it's never what it seems
you're always playing secrets
always playing with your hair
always shopping for another face
you never notice that i'm there
another day in paradise
and another day in Hell
i thought someday you'd know me
but you've never known me well
another day without your lips
another day alone
i thought someday you'd know me
but i'm leaving on my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself