Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Shining in her Eyes

I've been in this position once before
Probably somewhere between the last Peace and the next World War
I saw someone beautiful coming up to my front door
And I sat thinking why does this always seem
like it's just another hazardous dream?
'Cause there's a solid pounding inside my best ear
I keep looking behind me to see if she's still here
Or over the mountains and through the foothills
And I keep getting chills and circus spills
It's a most welcome surprise
To see the shining in her eyes
To watch the spark between our fingertips
Especially when we're touching lips
And then I'm howling at the far moon
I don't want this dream to end anytime soon
And I'm left wondering if I can keep it going until the following afternoon
While near my bed by the softly glowing light
There's a little piece of candy and I reach it to take a bite
It's milk chocolate sitting on the nightstand
I hold it and it almost melts inside my hand
It has a sweetness and I have to taste it just to understand
I know I can't stay in bed forever
What time this dream ends is anybodies guess and I'm hoping it's never
I've been in this position once before
Probably somewhere between the fat cat and the new dog on the floor
When a million radio stations kept playing a tune which I never heard
I picked up the black book and tried to read each and every word
And one came charging from the pages to hit me in the middle of my nose
I saw it falling and thought, man, I want me one of those
I keep looking behind me to see if it's wearing any clothes.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself