Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Saturday, March 9, 2013

snow showers

snow showers
not the hot showers i shared with you
hit my face and melted
drops of memory where i once
licked my lips
fed me until noon.
when it felt safe
i left my chair;
hundreds of people saw me glide past
looking for directional signs:
their arrows poked out at me
worked me into a quick sweat
urged a decision
the nearest one said to go particularly slow
but i was in a hurry.
i saw one woman who held a note
it said i might be lost
so i tried to stop
but the slope was steep and i fell.
i went into a slide and found a hole
without a rabbit or a girl
no patrol rushed to my aid, yet i stayed calm.
i looked to the overhead sky full of clouds:
there was no sun, no hint of a shadow under the closest tree,
and no fresh track which i might have followed
as i followed you in my dreams.
i started to get cold
and was finally able to move.
it was already after lunchtime when i stood up and licked my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself