Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Friday, August 5, 2011

lotus flower

i'm standing here
in my Christ suit
face pulled tight
none too cute
hands hardly bricks
playing hot licks
while another lover
makes me pay
i don't have time for that shit today
my mescaline mind
ain't worth a dime
floating over Cloud City
breaking my silence
seeking titty
at the traffic light
searching in August air
i see there
tight leather blond hair
hungry eyes
i surmise
wine glass
i'm raising the bar
thinking ass
when Moon comes closer
with her big bass drum
and her guitar
begins to strum
for over an hour
lotus flower
inside a big brown bag
on the sidewalk crack
she's offering me
her tempting snack
& i thought of the many places
i've used rope and laces
searching for truth
in and out of frenzied youth
when explosions in the sky
frighten my appetite
& you know why
sleepless in the night
i still open the door
an endless blast of endless war
is kicking at my memory door
i sit down hard
face the wall
wondering if
you'll ever call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself