Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Monday, March 7, 2011

and jelly

well it's a lot more than you think
i washed my hands with you
in my neighbor's stainless kitchen sink
it's driving me to drink
and i scrubbed and dried
pulled at my plug
everything was spinning i nearly died
then i fell into the hall
i didn't eat for fourteen days
climbing up the bedroom wall
growing small
waiting for the telephone
which never rings
i'm sitting all alone
writing your name off my list
that would be simply easier
if we had never kissed
if we hadn't shared a laugh
or walked together in the rain
then shared a bath
i'm poking you in the belly
making you another sandwich
peanut butter and jelly
and i'm watching you chew
asking me to do
whatever it is i want to do
well it's a lot more than you think

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself