Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Thursday, November 4, 2010

anymore

if you don't think you're killing me
why are you crying on my pillow
near the darkened hallway
with your jacket on the floor
and i can't take it anymore
the dog is walking by my feet
another one is dead along the street
near the stop sign where you handed me
a cigarette
already lit
and placed it in my mouth and smiled
but i refuse to be beguiled
there was a large canvas on the wall
full of color
where serious philosophy
dripped like wet paint onto your fancy dress
hiding your caress
and peeled away the shine
you can't call me just anytime
the bar was happy the beer was cold
people laughing young and bold
i ate my salad watched you walk
with a little skip
across the grassy field to the studio door
and i can't take it anymore
i smelled the perfume on your wrist
and told you it was beautiful
i tried to kiss your smile
but you told me it wasn't real
how was i supposed to feel
i heard you went to visit your mother
you're not crazy about doing it
but it's not such an unexpected chore
i just can't take it anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself