Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Monday, February 1, 2010

the little red hen

caviar on the ground without sound
bunches of little black hunches
waiting for liftoff
in the predawn darkness
i've been to the moon in June
danced at Spring Day in May
waited for the cooler
weather arriving in the Fall
saw Global warming and Al Gore
fighting an appropriate war
Inconvenient Truth and the marriage of Ruth
the Sultan of Swat
but what have i got
waiting without you?
and the little red hen in her little red den
watching the skies fill with lies
waiting for Godot who might never show
his face to Vladimir
i'm here but why aren't you near?
i've felt this pen on my lips
watched you walk with your hips
wearing nylons
and high heels
imagined your mouth near my face
not a word out of place
climbed a tree towards Paradise
on a Bible verse of melting ice
i'm sinking while you're thinking
of everything but me
set me free, set me free, set me free

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself