Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

a Maine woods

i'm having a love affair
with my surroundings
as i sip coffee
are you there?
i use sugar & cream
as i watch the lake shimmering
and flowers unfold
before my dream
that i dream in this paneled room
hidden from all prying eyes
i take myself adventurous
even to the edge of doom
i walk onto the dock and stop
hear the pine needle fall
touch my heart and pause
the movement of my human clock
the tick tick tick tock tock sound
the spider i watch is oblivious
wraps the prey in a tight silk web
spits a line to the distant ground
and watches me watching waiting
scurries beneath a leaf is gone
as i should be from this Maine woods
growing restless, anticipating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself