Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Monday, June 17, 2024

Crane's Midwest Nebraska town

ten minutes on my bicycle is worth more than a week at the Jersey shore walking the sandy beach leaving imprints a good detective could gather hints from how deeply my bare feet sank 

so no, i would never go to a full services bank 
i'd go directly to a chair to read and drink 
watching the tidal pool i'd think of Latin phrases and the root word of the most recent medical term i heard i couldn't imagine myself in a cave 
i would be tempted not to shave 
if i became sweaty and hot, 
i'd still pedal instead of trot
i'd want a kiss from which i'd reminisce 
it's considerably easier to ride with an ice-filled water bladder on my back wearing my Giro helmet and sunglasses 
enjoying the afternoon as it passes 
ten minutes on my bicycle is worth more than a single bed at the Blue Hotel 
walking around back to see the bloody fight not far from the railroad tracks at night where the Swede really got what he deserved 
ten minutes on my bike i braked and swerved 
because it was snowing and i was down in Crane's midwest Nebraska town
making circles in the sand like a circus clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself