Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Life is a Journey


And we all belong
Somewhere
Everywhere
And it made me high
And it made me cry
traveling across Kansas
Where for just one moment
Everything was dust in the wind
Blowing in the wind
curling and swirling 
Within you and Without you
And when I pause 
you tie my shoe
and when you feel blue
I feel sad
And I never had doubt
We’d remember
to come together 
For U2
Are part of the people
As me
Free falling
Rock steady
Gratefully alive
And always,
I want to hold your hand
Look into your eyes while asking,
Can’t you hear my heart beat?
it’s beating for you,
Child in time,
Like smoke on the water
A wisp and a whisper
Like the Sounds of Silence
remaining close
like a friendly ghost 
Like a vision
And a visionary
And when you light up the candle
It will show you the way
To find the moment
You’ve been waiting for
All of your life
And we share
the butterflies flying in the air,
seeing gardens everywhere,
And we all belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself