Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Monday, April 11, 2016

we left everything else up to fate

i spent the night in bed
underneath her sheet
she was the finest woman that any man
could ever hope to meet
she grabbed my heart and tried to massage
my back and tickle my feet
so i took her for a slow dance and a fast-food bite
to eat
she looked fine to me and that's what i cared about
it didn't matter to me that other men saw her
and i'd sometimes hear them shout
i'd grab her on my way to the kitchen for a morning piece of pie
she'd give me a bite
and i'd give her the eye
sometimes i'd turn on the daylight
and other times it was enough to imagine her smile
we'd sit by the dinner table for a little while
i'd sing her a love song and she'd sing me a lullaby
we'd laugh like kids and then we'd cry
thinking of all our days already gone by
and it seemed sad but we were glad
counting all the blessings that our lives had
i no longer wanted to think about the mean or the bad
she no longer wanted to go home alone to an un-watered flower
so we decided to turn a lonely minute into a beautiful country hour
and all we had to do
was promise to stay true
determined to travel the same road with our heads held high
it was her and i
and we left everything else up to fate
we didn't want to be late
we ate everything on our plate!

1 comment:

  1. I find that leaving things up to fate is sometimes the best course of action :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself