Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Monday, September 28, 2015

a second week

you're not my mother
not my little brother
yet so much more than a fish i met
my favorite pet
is not a dog or a friendly cat
more than a this or a silly that
i feel you are looking my way
leaning in for what i might have to say
but the great books have all been read
i thought about what you ultimately said
when the afternoon winds began to form
i walked outside into the gathering storm
you sat on an easy chair
a homemade granola bar with hiker's hair,
water bottle and apple core,
i should have stopped but wanted more.
an unexpected rain took your sandals away
i wondered if i'd have to pay
for my best effort to get a peek?
i could get lost for a second week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself