Cotopaxi, Ecuador (summer 2012)

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The sea was a blue wall

The sea was a blue wall
and I made off with it.
Watching me under the hot sun stood a brilliant boy
who sold me two pennies
for a dime.
He left me knee deep in poverty.
The full moon told me he was a visitor
that I could never lay my hands on,
but I wanted my change so
I approached him before the next war.
His mind didn't focus.
He muttered something about the rising sea
and I said I'd sell it to him.
He was a famously hard bargainer
and beat me down.
I sold him the sea for a small sum and
someone said that was a bad move.
Perhaps I should have donated it to the Louvre,
where it would always be protected.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006

Jessica in Madrid, Spring 2006
daughter is empowering herself